Jump to navigation Jump to search
Online Courses/Lectures and Seminars
The online course on integrated planning and design for coastal landscapes in Europe uses self-study materials for building a common theoretical foundation. The material is designed in such a way that different preconditions regarding the learners’ prior knowledge are considered (adaptive structures). The learning materials embrace theories, methods, tools, case studies and terminology. All of this had been embedded into a blended learning concept consisting of self-study phases, virtual classroom sessions with peers/experts and virtual teamwork with international fellow students.
- History of European coastal landscapes and typical spatial patterns of the urban-land interface exemplified by the coastal regions;
- Relevant factors and their effective analysis and assessment: evolution of settlement patterns, economy, demographics, cultural identity and 'sacred spaces', tourism and its infrastructure, public transport and road infrastructure, protected areas and habitats, landscape character, spatial quality, coastal protection, flood and water protection;
- The concept of green and blue infrastructure: elements, objectives and good-practice examples from European coastal landscapes (and also lake/river landscapes) and EU legislations/ programs and instruments supporting sustainable development;
- Methods and tools for integrated planning and design: integrated landscape assessment, landscape biographies, scenario planning, visioning, community-based and participatory planning, design thinking, hybrid solutions combining sustainable/social business models with site specific design ideas;
- Good practice case studies from different European coastal contexts, as well as from other urban-land interfaces such as large lakes and rivers.
- The contents are delivered by live lectures, lecture recordings and by means of digital learning materials which are all made available as open educational resources.
Interactive Communication Tools and Quizzes
Online Tools for Sketching and Computer-Aided Drawing